Easy Vegan Walnut "Meat"
SAVORY + Alkaline + ALL Natural
I am a huge fan of all things natural and pronounceable . And while many “meat” alternatives in the vegan industry are usually processed and contain ingredients that seem a bit questionable/ unnatural, the narrative changes with walnut "meat". It has the consistency of ground beef / meatless crumbles and a flavor that is satisfying to the palate!
SAVORY + Alkaline +All Natural
ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS
Nutrition: Fatty acids, b-6, manganese, vit. e, folic acid.
What You'll Need...
- 2 Cups of Raw Walnuts
- 1 tsp of Coconut Oil
- Choice Seasonings - season according to the dish. For these lettuce taco's, I used: adobo, cayenne pepper, oregano.
What To Do...
- Soak 2 cups of raw walnuts in water overnight.
- Once soaked overnight, drain and rinse well.
- Transfer clean walnuts into a food processor.
- Allow the food processor to blend the walnuts finely.
- Transfer blended walnuts onto a warmed skillet with coconut oil.
- Cook on medium heat & stir well for a few minutes. Feel free to add more coconut oil if the walnut pieces start to stick to the pan.
- Add your choice seasonings, herbs and veggies!