Chickpea Chocolate Chip Vegan Banana Bread
Vegan + Incredibly Moist + GF
This recipe is one with praiseworthy results. It's incredibly moist, perfectly-sweetened, vegan, gluten-free, healthy as can be, and absolutely delicious! So delicious, it’s now a current staple on our breakfast menu that goes perfectly well with our morning breakfast smoothies. It's quite easy to prepare and has a divine makeup of the yummiest & healthiest ingredients! I hope you enjoy this simple and healthy recipe as much as I do!
VegaN + Incredibly moist +Guilt-Free
ONLY 10 Ingredients
PREP TIME: 15 MINS | COOK TIME: 40 MINS | TOTAL TIME: 55 minutes
1 Loaf | 8 Servings
What you'll need...
- 3 ripe large bananas (6 small & ripe burro bananas)
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 3-4 tsp's of date or coconut sugar (or your choice sweetener)
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour or spelt flour (you can use a combination of both flours)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tsp grounded cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips + more for topping (if you're not a huge chocolate fan, you can always omit the chocolate!)
- 3/4 cup of crushed brazil nuts (or your preferred nut). I sometimes use walnuts! Either way, still so yummy!
What to do...
Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line or lightly grease a loaf tin. Set aside.
Mash your bananas in a large mixing bowl until no lumps remain. Stir in the melted vegan butter (or melted coconut oil), and plant-based milk until fully combined. Stir in grounded dates.
Add the chickpea flour (and/or spelt flour), baking powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the banana mixture. Stir until everything is fully incorporated and there are no lumps or pockets of flour.
Stir in the chocolate chips & nuts.
Spoon the batter into your prepared loaf tin and smooth across to evenly distributed. You have the option to sprinkle your remaining chocolate chips over the top. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes before removing and transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
I get beyond excited when I have the opportunity to whip out my very own homemade chickpea flour for any baked-good recipe! It's able to provide my recipes with a moist texture when baked and heavenly nutritional benefits. The texture it provides baked-goods cannot be matched by any white flour variety! So, enjoy your baked-goods, guilt-free!